For those of you who can’t log into Blackboard yet, here is the video lecture for Monday, March 23.
If you are unable as yet to register for British Society & Literature I and have e-mailed me to request that I add you, I am working on it. For now, you can’t see the course on your Blackboard portal, so please download the outline here and watch the introduction video for class 1. I will post the class 2 video on the history of England to 1500 if necessary.
Here also is the introduction video for British Society Through Contemporary Novels.
- Optional text: Writing Academic Papers in English: For Korean Writers (Kenneth Eckert) (Kyobo, Amazon) or free excerpts: 1, 2, 3, 4 (pdf).
British Society & Literature I
- All readings in this course are public domain, and can be read online or in book form.
- Old English & Chaucer (TBA)
- The Merchant of Venice: read online or buy any English version
- Pride & Prejudice: read online or buy any English version
- Picture of Dorian Gray: read online or buy any English version
British Society Through Contemporary Novels
- Bridget Jones’s Diary: buy any English version
- White Teeth: buy any English version
- Guards! Guards!: buy any English version
- Remains of the Day: buy any English version
- All readings in this course are public domain, and can be read online or in book form. I recommend the No Fear Shakespeare editions, but any version in English is fine.
- Twelfth Night: read online or buy any English version
- Hamlet: read online or buy any English version
- Henry V: read online or buy any English version
- Poems and sonnets (TBA)
- The Tempest: read online or buy any English version
PBL Vision & Career
- No texts; course videos are on YouTube and will be listed on this website
All courses at Hanyang ERICA are delayed because of the Coronavirus.
- Classes will begin Monday, March 16 ONLINE.
- Classes on-campus will begin Monday, April 6 (hopefully).
From March 16 to April 6, classes will be in the form of YouTube videos and will be posted here and on your Blackboard site.
- Students who wish to add courses, who can’t add in the Hy-In system, can still e-mail me.
- Refer to the course outlines below for revised schedules.